We have this HUGE storage cabinet in our office that has always been an eyesore. It dominates the room with all of it’s scratches, smudges, and poor construction. If our teeny, tiny apartment didn’t make the extra storage it provides a necessity, I would have tossed this monster long ago. But since I’m stuck with it until we get a house, I decided to make a craft project out of it. So ta da! These are the before and after pictures. Click on it to see the larger picture of the finished side.
I have immense amounts of scrapbook paper so that’s where I got the idea. I was originally thinking of using classic Tetris colors, but I think they may have been a little garish on such a large surface. All I did was cut out pieces on the paper and use spray adhesive to attach them to the cabinet. As Will noticed, the “l” pieces are one square too short. The paper I had was only 9 inches wide, and if I made the shapes smaller to fit the l, I think it would have looked a little crazy. So just think that the “l” pieces are shorter because we cleared some lines. ^_^ A thick sharpie gave me the uniform black lines to finish everything off. So now instead of a huge eyesore in our office, we have a huge INTERESTING eyesore.
I wonder if all the glue I used on it will help it stay up longer. I’m expecting that wonky old thing to collapse sooner or later….